COVID 19 Information
The protection of our children and staff is extremely important.
We strictly look to CDC rules and regulations.
• Focus on good health behaviors, such as covering coughs and sneezes with the elbow and washing hands frequently
• Sing a song while washing hands to practice the recommended 20-second duration. - Children can “practice” washing their hands with hand sanitizer
• Develop a way to track handwashing and reward for frequent/timely handwashing
• Use puppets or dolls to demonstrate symptoms (sneezing, coughing, fever) and what to do if they feel sick (i.e. their head hurts, their stomach hurts, they feel hot or extra tired) and how to comfort someone who is sick (cultivating empathy and safe caring behaviors)
• Have children sit further apart from one another, have them practice stretching their arms out or ‘flap their wings’, they should keep enough space to not touch their friends.